Monday, January 10, 2011

a fresh start



I've wanted to write a blog for a long time now, but the main thing that kept holding me back was wondering what I would write about.

I wanted a theme.

An overlying idea.

I love blogs like that.

But then I started to realize that this is the exact type of pressure I put on myself every time I sit down to write. I put heavy expectations of greatness upon myself and end up stunted. If I can't live up to my own expectations then I'm merely setting myself up for disaster.

Well, not this time.

There's one shared trait that all writers must possess. Only one, actually. They must WRITE.

I may write already, daily actually at work, but instead of getting bogged down by that by the end of each day, I hope this blog will inspire me to write often and on a more consistent basis. I think that writing a blog will be the best outlet for me to write more often and share things with those people interested enough to read. And who knows, maybe I'll develop a theme along the way and the content of these posts will morph into something new.

Fasten your seat belts folks; it's going to be a bumpy ride. (name that movie)

If anything, I'm curious and I hope that this will be a place where I can share my odd thoughts (oh, there will be odd ones I'm sure), interesting findings, beautiful things, and projects galore. I don't propose that there will be a common thread to these posts necessarily, but that shall undoubtedly make it more "me" anyway.

So, on that note, here's to 2011 and all that it brings...more writing, more fun, and as always, consistent curiosity.

Cheers!
Brittney

P.S. I'm currently writing from my lovely hotel in Oahu and the picture at the top of this post is one I took on my phone last night on my way to the gym. I'd say the scenery is definitely inspired and a perfectly lovely place to start something new. Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment